Sunday, September 4, 2011

I was on a date with this really hot model. Well, it wasn't really a date date. We just ate dinner and saw a movie. Then the plane landed. -Dave Attell


Question: What is the difference, other than the color, of these two plugs?

Answer: One of them is Swiss, and one of them is for the rest of Europe. No, they don’t both fit into the same outlet. This means I do not currently have a hair dryer. For me, this means the difference between 
  and

Despite the hair, I had a great day yesterday with Britney. She picked me up, and we went to a little town in France called Divan. We walked around the lake there, through the town, and stopped for coffee and a cigarette for her and an iced tea and pain au chocolat for me. I’m so hard core. 

After that we stopped an amazing, real grocery store where I bought two recommended cheeses from a French woman. Cheese and I are now back on good terms.
 
Britney brought me back to her house where I met her two teenaged sons and husband. We watched some TV and hung out and she made dinner. Since I can’t count the greek spaghetti, it was my first home made meal since I’ve been here. Delicious. And then we ate a raspberry tarte for dessert. No wonder things are looking up. 

She offered to hang out again next Saturday and take me to another little town in France and show me around. I kind of feel like I got asked on a second date, and I’m super excited about it. Hopefully I’ll have a hair dryer by then. She hasn’t even seen me at my best!

A few notes about the apartment:

This is my elevator. My elbows can touch every single side at the same time. I literally laugh out loud everytime I get in it. Except for when I had to use it to bring my luggage up to my apartment. That was not funny. 

My apartment has a TV. Cool. I don’t like any of the channels. Not cool. Here is my lineup:
1: BBC news
2-8: Fuzz
9: French drama things
10: French news
11: Italian soccer (yes, every single time I turn it on)
12: Music videos. This is the only channel I have watched, but there is only so many times I can watch Lady Gaga “On the Edge” and Britney Spears “I Wanna Go”. French rap is one of my favorite things of life, however. That doesn’t get old.
13: Fuzz
14: CNN. This is the other thing I’ve watched since I’ve been here. Really entertaining for more than half an hour…
15-20: More fuzz
21-24: German
25-27: Fuzz
So much for that.

Finally, the elusive microwave. It has four buttons on the top, which John nicely reminded me are in English, but no numbers. I’m waiting to try that out until I’m really in the mood for something fun and crazy to do around here.

Geneva doesn’t even know what has hit it yet.

1 comment:

  1. Boat! I'm so glad you started a blog! I just love catching up on your adventures! I'm so happy that you're off on this wonderful adventure. You're so amazing and brave to set out all on your own! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    Love you,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete