Since I was so nervous to find out the answer, I wanted to wait until the end of this month to ask the question. But, after some convincing from Britney, I emailed our mover coordinator lady today to find out where exactly our stuff is en route and when it is scheduled to arrive. Since I’m scheduled to move into a place at the end of this month, I was hoping our things would move in soon after.
I was pleasantly surprised that our shipment is scheduled to arrive “at port” on October 3rd! Then I realized that I’m not sure which port that is since there aren’t any “ports” in Geneva, and I’m assuming our stuff isn’t coming on jet ski, which is all that really ports on Lake Geneva. I’m really hoping she meant Port of London or somewhere in Belgium or please this side of the Earth. I’m really hoping not Port of Seattle. I need to clarify.
On another topic, I am doing alright in my French language skills. So far, I have understood all but two conversations. One was between the partner and a client about a partial liquidation tax issue, which, to be honest, I probably wouldn’t have understood in English. The other was Desperate Housewives that I watched tonight. In my defense, I’m pretty sure most of the housewives’ vocabulary wasn’t on my high school weekly quiz list.

No comments:
Post a Comment