Tuesday, January 31, 2012

“I like buying snacks from a vending machine because food is better when it falls. Sometimes at the grocery, I'll drop a candy bar so that it will achieve its maximum flavor potential.”

I have never been more proud of John in my life. Graduation, our wedding day... nothing surpasses the overwhelming feelings of joy and pride I felt yesterday when I got home from work. John had to do all of the grocery shopping for the week by himself yesterday since we didn't have a chance to go on Saturday, and he came home with every single thing on the list... plus an avocado as a bonus. This is impressive because he took the bus by himself, paid for everything (I'm assuming...), bagged it, and carried it all home. He found ground beef (have to watch those French labels to make sure there is no horse mixed in), worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, AND baking powder!!! My hero!!!

The only thing he didn't buy was yellow mustard that we are going to use in a homemade BBQ sauce. He found it, but it was $10 since it was in the "American section". So he is going to make his own mustard. If there is such thing as a soul mate, he is it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment