Whit and I slept great our first night back in Geneva. Our
doors locked and were solid wood and everything. Ah, the luxury. Still no AC or
chairs, but at least neither of us dreamed we were in Bosnia.
We went to the Chateau de Chillon as we tried to check
everything off of Whitney’s list. This was probably the fifth time I had been
to the castle, so you are welcome ticket checker for paying your salary for
this year. The dungeon is still my favorite part, though, and you can see the rocks
from the island popping through the bottom.
We picked a beautiful day to go, so the view was awesome.
We went to dinner at Britney’s house that night. On the way
there I gave Whit some cultural tips – they kiss three times on the cheek, no
one takes a sip of wine until a formal cheers has been made, and French people
love talking about sex. By the end of the night Whit had almost kissed Britney
on the lips, we had had several glasses of wine, and we entertained some lively
conversation. Tres francais.
The next day we had a “last supper”, or lunch, with my boss
and Britney. This was followed by an exciting visit of people coming to buy the
table and lamps I had for sale as well as a couple who came to look at the oven
/ stove. Before they came I got nervous that they would want to buy the stove
right then, so I cooked the rest of the food we owned. This seemed like a great
idea at the time but would come to haunt us later. Also, there is just
something about cleaning an oven by hand on your knees that brings a girl back
to Earth.
Our biggest decision of the day was whether to eat salad and
chocolate or just chocolate. The bottle of wine was not even up for discussion.
No comments:
Post a Comment