Sunday, July 28, 2013

"I always tried to turn every disaster into opportunity." - John Rockefeller

Whitney arrived on Thursday, and in true Whitney-Danielle friendship fashion we have had several disasters and some successes.

Whit described my apartment as "a seamless blend between the Cold War and soviet Russia". Cozy. Especially since all of our furniture is now home, so we have a rug, two air mattresses, some lamps, and a step stool. Literally that is everything I own. We eat romantic dinners on the rug with the step stool as our "wine bar".

The first day Whit was here I had to go to work, so she explored downtown Geneva on her own. She told me stories of a guy who crawled through the bushes to talk to her whose name was Mama-ooo, solving the lasagna crisis of 2013 (I made a lasagna that we have to eat in three days... Whit has definitely been doing her part for breakfast, lunch, and dinner), attracting attention from cops at the UN for taking too many pictures, and people making out on her reading bench at the park, so I am no longer leaving her alone in Europe.

We had big plans for Friday night when I got home from work, but I found Whit sleeping in starfish position on the air mattress at the apartment. I decided to start the laundry on my own, and then came up to get the pizza stuff out. Long story short, the heat in the dryer is broken so we had to hang up all soaking clothes around the apartment a la backpacking tour of 2005, Whit didn't actually turn on the oven so our pizza sat out in 90 degree heat for about an hour, and there is a hole in my air mattress so I slept on the Cold War floor.

We recovered, however, by opening some wine, finally eating the most delicious pizza ever at 10pm and not even getting sick, and blowing a fan on the wet sheets hanging over the door to dry them before bed time. Lesson learned: Wine solves all problems.


1 comment:

  1. haha, I love this. I'm so glad you two are having a romantic time together. ;)

    ReplyDelete