The highlight of my day was when I totally bit it in front of a line of 10 year old kids in a ski school. They were literally standing in a line facing me as I went by, and I caught a front edge and fell forwards flat on my face. Some laughed as I thought to myself that 1) I am a better skier than they are, 2) they should try snowboarding and see how good they are at it, and 3) at least I can drive... not having a car is beside the point. One little boy kept saying (in French), "Oh, it happens to everyone." I hope Santa was listening and he got some good presents this year. If not, he should be on the good list next year. Thanks, little buddy.
We stopped at the very top of the mountain for a crepe and hot wine snack and enjoyed the view of the cloud. We are now on a brief snowboard break to let our bodies recover. You should have seen John get out of bed this morning. That was a preview 60 years into the future.
![]() |
| The little dot in the center is me! |
![]() |
| The gorgeous mountains are right behind the wall of clouds. Right there! |







Beautiful pics! I just passed your blog link onto my friend Brooke, she and her husband are planning a ski trip to Switzerland next year so this will get her started on her planning! :)
ReplyDelete