Sunday, July 29, 2012

“When I was going through my transition of being famous, I tried to ask God why was I here? what was my purpose? Surely, it wasn't just to win three gold medals. There has to be more to this life than that.” - Wilma Rudolph

We just tied 1-1 in our Canasta tournament tonight, and John won't play a tiebreaker with me. At first he tried to tell me it was for the health of our marriage (hooey), but then I finally got it out of him that he is disqualified due to his use of performance enhancing cards. He said the Olympics just got him riled up, and he used them before our card tournament tonight. I am partly ashamed but mostly happy to take home the gold medal. I'm going to try and convince him to sing me the National Anthem tonight before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment