This
weekend we got to hang out with our couple crush friends (I hope they never
read this blog…) at a 4th of July party. It was hosted by our friend’s
parents at their house in France. One of the coolest things about Europe is
that people actually live in real castles. This one was built in the 1500s and
actually had a cement spiral staircase and everything. While we were taking the
tour of the house, I was thinking that they should have really charged
admission.
It was an
old guard’s house for the chateau that was a few houses down. Right from what
is now the master bedroom balcony is also where several people were hanged. I’m
pretty sure the most action our house has seen was being built in the 90’s and
then the siding that was replaced two years ago.
We had a
BBQ complete with hamburgers, potato salad, and other salads that were all
delicious but with a little French touch. We also had wine and an apple tart
for dessert. Very French American.
The
highlight of the day was the watermelon game… kind of like water polo but with
a watermelon. There were two teams, and the object of the game was for each
team to get the watermelon up on the ledge of the other side of the pool. There
were no rules. Then we ate the watermelon.
John took
inventory of the scratches on his chest yesterday. Lots of little ones but nothing
serious. I think he will pull through.
No comments:
Post a Comment