August 1st was the Switzerland "4th of July". There were several Swiss flags out (only for a few hours... the Swiss aren't really flag people), and the town was bustling. John and I went down to the lakefront to catch the action. There are all sorts of rides set up all along the lake as well as food stands and other fair type things. I miss Puyallup! Unfortunately, there were no farm animals. We decided that we're going back next week with money to do the bumper cars.
Later that night we stood on our balcony to watch a fireworks show right from our house! Cool! The chateau in our little part of town (weird that we have a chateau, I know) had a fireworks show, and we didn't even have to get out of our PJs to see it. We couldn't see the shorter ones, but the seating couldn't have been more comfortable... well, I guess it would be if we actually bought some outdoor furniture.
No comments:
Post a Comment