Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Traveling is the ruin of all happiness! There's no looking at a building after seeing Italy." - Fanny Burney


I flew to Lugano, the Italian part of Switzerland, for the early part of this week for work. Switzerland is a very interesting country because each different part feels like you’re actually in another country. You could have told me this was Italy, and I wouldn’t have even questioned it. I stayed at a cute little bed and breakfast where the owner called me “honey” (which usually I hate from strangers, but it was okay with an Italian accent). 
Unfortunately this was a sunrise, not sunset, meaning I was up early. But it is beautiful.
This was the little village I stayed in.

My B&B

And when I came home, John had turned into a European. He was wearing a sweater over a collared shirt. At least the shirt wasn't purple, and I don't think he has started smoking yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment