Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Remember, as far as anyone knows, we're a nice, normal family." -Homer Simpson


John finally made it to Geneva ! The poor guy was sick the whole way on the plane, exhausted, and sweaty from carrying all of the bags. It wasn’t the most romantic reunion, so good thing we didn’t call TLC to film it, but it was so fun to finally have him here. I got my best friend back.

About 5 minutes after getting to the apartment. I was going to take a picture of the big reunion, but was the best I could get.
This week I have been taking a full immersion French class where I have group classes in the morning, lunch with a professor where we speak French, and individual classes in the afternoon. I absolutely love French class, but I forgot that I don’t like homework. Ugh.

Yesterday my afternoon French teacher took John and I for a tour of Geneva since he is from this area. He drove us around town and told us stories and history about the area. Our favorite story was about a prince from Saudi Arabia who had a palace built just outside of Geneva as well as several guest houses for his 300 servants (then expanded it to 600 when he became king, naturally). The palace cost an unbelievable amount of money, and each time the king flew over Europe, the servants would clean the entire place just in case he decided he wanted to stop over. In 32 years, he has only used it once.

So, speaking of people who don’t use public transportation, yesterday my purse got stuck in the tram door. I had to stand next to the doorway holding on to half of my purse. Very uncool. Con: I was really hoping my phone wasn’t in that part of the purse. Pro: I knew I wouldn’t be pickpocketed.

I got an email today that our things are going to be delivered on November 19th! Wahoo! Not a moment too soon after our “incident” tonight. We decided to have a glass of wine with dinner, but we don’t have a corkscrew. John got out his Swiss army knife (appropriate, we thought) to try and open the bottle. This was the result. Note the real knife in the bottle and wine everywhere. It was splattered ALL over the kitchen and everything else room. We earned every last drop in the plastic cup of wine we drank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment