Amsterdam is a funny city. I smelled non-cigarette smoke on my way to work today (before 8am… seriously ?), there are several women in the windows, and bikes are five times more prevalent than cars. Perhaps the most bizarre thing here, however, is that at lunch at the cafeteria milk is free, but you have to pay for water. And you can either drink regular milk, which looks like whole milk to me – milk mustaches for sure, or buttermilk. To your heart’s content. Completely for free. My water, on the other hand, cost a couple of euros. The French people I’m working with keep saying that that’s the reason the people here are so tall. I think the people here happened to be nicely proportioned myself, speaking as half-Dutch person whose body type is clearly full Dutch. But I’d rather pay for water than drink free buttermilk.
No comments:
Post a Comment