Tuesday, October 30, 2012

"The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg


I bet most of you went to a Halloween party this weekend. And you dressed up and had a great time. And this week you’re going to eat so many mini Snickers that you’ll regret buying the extra Costco bag “just in case”. And it will feel so bad but so good at the same time.

That’s cool, America, you can have Halloween. Do you know what Switzerland has?

ROGER FEDERER.

So while you were busy putting on face makeup and furry costumes, I was watching the best tennis player who has ever lived. Live. In front of my very eyes. 


He served, he hit forehands, he hit backhands, he challenged the line calls, and he played in two tie-breaks. AND HE TOOK OFF HIS SHIRT. IN FRONT OF MY VERY EYES.

Roger played against Juan Martin Del Potro in the final in front of a hometown crowd in Basel at the Swiss Indoors ATP 500 tournament. It went to three sets with two tie-breaks. We were on the edge of our nosebleed seats the whole time. 

Roger lost in the end, but he’ll always be a winner in my eyes.  

I was glad John was there for one of the best days of my life. Our wedding was a close second.

Just to make it fair, we did find a German brewery where we had dinner the night before, so John had a great weekend too. 


1 comment:

  1. Either John has gotten really short or that's one tall beer.

    Nicely done, John!

    ReplyDelete