Wednesday, October 3, 2012

“Life can be like a roller coaster... and just when you think you've had enough and you’re ready to get off the ride and take the calm, easy merry-go round... you change your mind, throw your hands in the air and ride the roller coaster all over again. That's exhilaration...that's living a bit on the edge...that's being ALIVE.” - Stacey Charter


Living here has been a kind of roller coaster ride. For people who are generally low drama, this is a different sort of lifestyle. After about a month of being homesick and wondering if we made the right choice moving here (even though it doesn’t make a difference because we are here now), all of a sudden I am happy we are here and already missing it for when we move home. I’m not sure John is to that point (yet? ever? not sure…).

There is definitely a shift from the one to two year mark. Or maybe it’s a shift knowing that we won’t be here next September or that this is the last time we will have to wait for someone to turn the heat on in our apartment. It seems like time is shorter and should be more cherished.

So while the roller coaster is on its way up, I’m enjoying the views. And John is coming with me in either direction, so that makes it extra sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote. That is exactly how Bryan and I feel at times. Just yesterday I was telling Bryan how I'm ready to go home as mosquitos were eating me alive and our bungalow was 100 degrees. Today I'm ready for the adventure and to take a lot of pictures along the way. My creature comforts will be there when we get home. :-)

    ReplyDelete