Thursday, October 25, 2012

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." - Anonymous


My best friend of life and twin, Jenn, is now mama Jenn! She delivered a beautiful, healthy, precious, adorable little girl, Aubrey, on Saturday, and we couldn’t be happier for them. 

 
I woke up at 4am Switzerland time on Sunday and layed in bed wide awake. I knew that Jenn had gone to the hospital, so I had been thinking about her all day. When I woke up though, I just couldn’t shake the feeling that it was THE moment. I tried to go back to sleep but decided to write a quick email to Jenn to let her know I was cheering her on. The subject of my email was “Push!” I woke up the next morning and soon after received a picture of Aubrey and Jenn with the stats. She was born at 7:04pm. I looked back to my sent folder and had sent the email at 4:01am Switzerland time… three minutes before she was actually born. It’s a twin thing.

Aubrey, Auntie Dee can’t wait to meet you, even though you slept through our first skype date. My wish for you is that you find a friendship as strong, funny (haha, peculiar, and shoot self), reliable, adventurous, and happy as your mom and I have.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! :) The twin thing and knowing when Jenn was actually going into labor is crazy cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes my postpartum, emotional self cry... I can only hope Aubrey ends up with a best friend as wonderful as you. :)

    Love you, Dude!

    ReplyDelete