Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Man does not live by soap alone; and hygiene, or even health, is not much good unless you can take a healthy view of it -- or, better still, feel a healthy indifference to it." - G.K. Chesterton

I have a rule when I travel: Always bring your own soap and shampoo. It doesn't matter how nice the hotel is and what brand of products they carry. You never know what they will smell like.

I broke that rule this week, and I am paying for it.

I thought I was safe since I have stayed at this hotel before (two weeks ago) and liked the smell of the little free bottles of soap and shampoo. So I didn't pack my own.

Everything was going great until this evening. I used the soap this morning, and it did smell good. I enjoyed my "Iceland Mist". It smelled so good that I used the whole little bottle this morning.

When I got back to the hotel this evening it was replaced by a foreign body wash, unrelated to their other hygiene products. And it smells horrible. Like a rosemary plant. A big one. Sitting on your face.

The one on the right doesn't match!
I am never breaking this rule again. And, yes, this is a big deal.

1 comment:

  1. I am traveling to North Carolina this weekend and don't have any travel size shampoo, conditioner, or body wash so I'm basically following your rule and brining my entire shower with me on my weekend trip :-)

    ReplyDelete