Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead." - Mac McCleary


Last weekend we went to the International Car Show in Geneva. Apparently this is a huge deal (surprisingly, as a car fanatic myself, I had never heard of it…), and they had been setting up for it for weeks. It happens to be held at Palexpo, a huge exhibition center right next to our apartment. This is where I catch my bus to work everyday, so I had been keeping track of the set up progress. Other than one unfortunate incident one evening when I tripped over the forks of a forklift in the dark parking lot on my way home, everything appeared to be running smoothly.

One of us was really excited to go, and one of us was kind of excited to go. I got more excited about it when John said I could look around for the car I want to purchase when we get back.

We went in, and there were halls of cars on display. Each maker had their own section where they had their newest models displayed. You could get in the cars (most of them - for some reason the Ferraris weren’t open for touching, only looking), and they had some information about all of them. Some of the cars we would consider buying when we get back, and some we will probably never have enough net worth to buy if we sold everything we own. Twice.

John found his dream car. Okay, a couple.





So did I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment