Yesterday I had lunch with The Terminator.
I attended a luncheon event where the featured speaker was Arnold Schwarzenegger. He was there to speak about the R20, a non-profit organization founded to promote environmental issues. His speech was okay, and he’s actually pretty funny. His voice really does sound like it does in the movies. I don’t know why I wasn’t sure it would. I learned some interesting facts about the environment, the state of California, and Arnold’s career. I didn’t like when he talked about his $30 million movie deals, but I suspect that has more to do with my own jealousy than his speaking abilities.
I did get slightly distracted during the speech as I thought about all of the people he has met, wondering if this qualifies as the “six degrees of separation” because I just got many degrees closer to a lot of famous people, and speculating as to how tall he actually is (very controversial topic – which seems to me to be easy to figure out).
Now I can say that I have actually heard The Terminator say “I’ll be back.” Check that off of the bucket list.
No comments:
Post a Comment