Tuesday, June 19, 2012

“Culture is the widening of the mind and of the spirit.” - Jawaharlal Nehru


I have been running out of blog topics lately, which I think could mean one of two things. Either I’ve become less observant and sarcastic (not likely) or I am getting sort of used to things around here. Yes, it seems that the Mrs. is actually living harmoniously with the Swisses.

I’ve noticed myself doing a few things a little more “European” lately. Yesterday I was annoyed that someone didn’t wait until all of the departing passengers were off the bus for the new passengers to get on. Earlier this week I nodded my head and sympathized with my coworker who grumbled about only having six weeks of vacation. And I recently discovered that I like coffee flavored chocolate (gateway drug to espressos I hear).

I don’t think I’m fully embedded, however, because today I had a homemade chicken burrito for lunch, complete with normal salsa and a tortilla. It was delicious… and so non-Swiss. And I plan on watching The Bachelorette tonight instead of the Euro Cup, which John couldn’t be happier about (see, I still have the sarcasm).

If John puts on a speedo, though, we’re on the next flight back.

1 comment:

  1. If John puts on a speedo, maybe you should make him swim back.

    ReplyDelete