Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Without Valentine's Day, February would be... well, January." - Jim Gaffigan


One of the things John really likes about living in Europe is that they don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day. I still made him be nice to me, however, so he agreed to watch The Bachelor with me last night and be a fun person to watch it with (rather than playing on his phone or repeatedly saying how stupid it is, as is usual).

He lived up to his promise. I even had to tell him to be quiet a few times because he kept talking while the show was on, analyzing why the bachelor liked some women more than others. We ended up reserving the commercials for “debriefing time”, so watching the show with him took longer than when I watch it by myself and fast forward through the commercials.

I also got this nice rose, which I thought was really sweet of him to get until he told me they were giving them out at the grocery store. I still give him credit for carrying it home, but he really should have just lied to me. He also said he got free Lifesavers, but he ate those. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment